On May 24, 2017, the Council of Accountable Physician Practices (CAPP) will host its third annual Better Together Health event, in partnership with the American Cancer Society (ACS) at The Center for Total Health in Washington, DC. Titled “All Systems Go! Closing the Gaps in Cancer Care,” the event will focus on how coverage and accountable healthcare systems can improve survival and reduce morbidity for people living with complex conditions like cancer.
Better Together Health 2017 will showcase stories of medical excellence and patient-centered care delivered by CAPP’s organized systems and medical groups, as well as an exciting policy keynote and panel discussion featuring these national physician leaders, policymakers and patient voices:
Host: Robert Pearl, MD, Chair, Council of Accountable Physician Practices
Moderator: Jayne O’Donnell, Healthcare policy reporter, USA TODAY; co-founder, Urban Health Media Project.
- Alan Balch, PhD, CEO, Patient Advocate Foundation
- John Bulger, DO, Chief Medical Officer for Population Health, Geisinger Health System
- John Fleming, MD, Office of the National Coordinator, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health Technology Reform, U.S. Health and Human Services
- Michael Kanter, MD, Medical Director of Quality and Clinical Analysis, Southern California Permanente Medical Group
- Laura Seeff, MD, Director of the Office of Health Systems Collaboration, CDC